Highway Maintenance Contractor in PRINCE RUPERT is seeking a Trade Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic. This person will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of construction equipment; including loaders, dozers, excavators, dump trucks etc.
Competitive wages and benefits. This position is a great way to gain good experience and get your foot in the door with a 30 year BC Highways Maintenance Contractor.
• Inspect mechanical equipment to locate damage, defects, or wear;
• Perform service repairs and preventative maintenance;
• Replace and/or repair worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts;
• Operate transportation equipment to demonstrate function or malfunction;
• Complete necessary documentation and maintain accurate reports;
• Perform other tasks as required.
• Comfortable working with and around machinery;
• Ability to operate hand and power tools in a safe manner;
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with fellow employees and supervisors;
• Ability to work in a team focused environment with a positive attitude;
• Natural ability to solve problems;
• Comfortable assisting apprentices in learning and developing their skills in the trade;
• Comfortable working outdoors in a fast pace environment;
• Must have a valid BC driver’s license with air endorsement and a clean abstract;
• Previous experience working as a Service Technician or other related experience with heavy equipment is considered an asset;
• Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician Certification (Red Seal) or equivalent experience is considered an asset;
This position is based in Prince Rupert, BC. The position is available immediately.
Please respond to this ad with a resume and driver abstract.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities